Tom O'Sullivan, Aaron Glenane, Gabrielle Scawthorn and Emma Palmer in Jane Bodie's Fourplay. Photo by Robert Catto.
ASSISTANT PRODUCER INTERNSHIP
Darlinghurst Theatre Company is offering an Assistant Producer Internship. We are passionate about supporting artists and young persons looking to enter into the artistic community.
This role will report directly to the Producer and Executive Producer at Darlinghurst Theatre Company. The internship will provide one on one, hands on training in producing theatrical productions. The role’s primary function will be liaising with the cast and crew and fulfilling a wide-range of producing tasks, along-side the DTC producer. The internship suits someone who is passionate about learning to produce plays in the small - medium professional sector. Ideally, the successful applicant will have an appreciation of the Darlinghurst Theatre Company philosophy.
Darlinghurst Theatre Company is a professional theatre company that collaborates with artists to professionally resource and produce their production concepts. The resultant productions form the core of Darlinghurst Theatre Company’s season of work which is presented at the company’s 200 seat theatre, the Eternity Playhouse.
The successful applicant will come on board for a minimum of three days per week, hours to be negotiated, subject to availability.
The successful applicant will be credited as Assistant Producer for any production they are contributing to.
Please note; this role is an unpaid trainee position.
Tasks may include:
- Prop / Costume sourcing
- Assisting Producer with admin including contracting and scheduling.
- General Administration.
- Attendance at and participation in production meetings
- Supporting the Creative Teams through rehearsal and technical rehearsal.
Skills & Qualities
- A keen interest in the Theatre industry.
- Organised with a can do attitude.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and effective at time management skills.
- Computer experience and a sound working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Current full driver license.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours, especially during technical rehearsals.
This role has an immediate start, with the end date to be negotiated. A minimum of 3 days per week is required, hours to be negotiated. Ideally, the successful application will join the team for one production with the opportunity to extend.
If you are interested in this position please email your cover letter and CV to Amy Harris, Producer at email@example.com by Wednesday 25 Jan 2017.
If successful, you will be contacted for an interview.